Sunday, April 8, 2007

Creativity Challenged

It is very difficult being a non-creative mom in the Mormon capital of the world. Every "good" mom does cute little hand made decorations in the home. They decorate the front door with the appropriate seasonal accessory (which reminds me, I still have to put the Halloween decorations away...I TRIED). And their children don't scream, "HELP ME BISHOP!" as they are being carried out of sacrament meeting for misbehaving.

Being non-creative is like a disability around here. When I go to enrichment nights and try to do what other moms can do in their sleep, they look at me like I'm their child and I just picked a bouquet of dandelions. "Good JOB!!!" some say in a honey sweet voice. But I still go and I still try. WHY? you might ask! Because I LOVE THEM. They are my friends. And it all comes down to the fact that it's just FUN! Besides, I CAN DO MATH!!! Logic is my forte (some of my friends and family may fall down in hysterical laughter and demand a sedative after that claim). But still, I teach math. At least I can do something useful.

No comments: