Saturday, April 14, 2007

Someone Always Has to Criticize

I decided to be creative. I was going to make a great meal for my sister's family. I was babysitting and had six hungry children to feed. I thought, everyone eats breakfast. I'll make breakfast for dinner. I got out the pancake mix and made pancakes. I thought, "What goes with pancakes...EGGS!" I made scrambled eggs. I got out the milk because everyone needs milk. I went through the four basic food groups. Grains, pancakes. Dairy, milk. Meats, eggs.... I hadn't made a fruit or vegetable item for the sweet children's growing bodies. CORN!!! I made the meal and served the sweet, darling children who ate gratefully.

A short time later my sister and her husband came home. I was excited that the children were fed and dinner was ready for them to eat. The first thing my dear, sweet brother-in-law said was, "IT'S ALL THE SAME COLOR!!!" I was crushed. I mean, WHO CARES WHAT COLOR YOUR FOOD IS??? I wanted to poke his eyes out and ask him how the meal tasted then.
SHEESH!!! (Some people)

THEN, both my dear, sweet brother-in-law and his dear, sweet wife, my darling sister, started complaining about the CORN! They tried to tell me that CORN doesn't go with pancakes and eggs. I calmly pointed out that the CHILDREN weren't complaining!!!

Who do they think they are? It's all EDIBLE!!! (:

No comments: