Friday, April 20, 2007

I Need Prozac

I was doing a lovely applique dish towel at an enrichment night. I was supposed to choose a cute pattern, cut out wonder-under (an iron on fabric adhesive), and iron it to one side of the fabric in preparation to then iron it onto the dish towel and sew around the edges making a cute, festive little towel to hang in my kitchen during the appropriate holiday.

I chose a pattern that I thought everyone would admire when they came to my home. I picked out beautifully colored, patterned fabric to iron the wonder under to before carefully ironing it to my stylish dish towel. After painstakingly cutting out the individual pieces of wonder under, I went to the iron and proceeded to iron all 28 pieces of wonder under to the WRONG SIDE OF THE FABRIC!!!

If I hadn't been in the cultural hall surrounded by concerned friends and other sweet ladies I may have said a few choice words. There was not much time left to finish. I got enough wonder under to finish the project at home.

I did finish the project. But I had to give the dish towels as a gift to a very dear friend because looking at them caused me to have unkind feelings.

No comments: